HISTORY OF THE CHURCH
Ancient of Ancients God Ministry International – (AAGMI) is an Evangelical, Charismatic and also a prophetic Christian Church. It was officially inaugurated as a church on 28th August 1983 in Accra, Ghana. The first meeting was held in Adabraka Presbyterian School Park in a tent and sometimes classrooms. Ancients started with initial membership of 23 persons. In the same year September 1983, the church acquired a land at H/No: C242 Omega Drive Street, Adabraka.
In November 1983, the membership grew from 23 to 40 people. The tent was unable to accommodate the membership that was fast growing. It was then transformed into a wooden structure. In 2006, the Lord Almighty paved a way and the church started putting up an auditorium which is expected to house about 700 members.
BACKGROUND OF THE FOUNDER
The founder Apostle Dr. Eric Darko was born to Methodist parents, the late Master Kwabena Badu and Madam Afua Yeboah in January 4, 1953 at Juaben in the Ashanti Region. Upon his birth he was giving the traditional name (ONIPANIEWU) which literally means “Shame unto man”. He completed middle school in 1970 at Juaben Methodist School.
In August 4, 1975, he had a divine call to come to Accra to do the work of God, however, Apostle Dr. Eric Kingsley Darko left his extended family to live in Accra. He then joined the Congregation of God in Adabraka to fellowship with them which was from 1975 to 1977; he then started worshipping with Church of the Lord Ghana in Osu.
Apostle Darko was ordained as a pastor on June 4, 1978. A year later, he got admission to the Good News Training Institute (Kokomlemle) and completed in 1981. In 1983, he established Ancient of Ancients God Ministry International.
Apostle Darko is married to a wonderful God given spouse Prophetess Mrs. Hannah Darko with Emmanuel Darko, Michael Darko, Alberta Darko, Dennis Adjei- Sarpong, Edna Darko and Kings Yahwe Darko as Children.